Seated comfortably in a website's right rail, this product previews video playback via rich-media monetization (RMM) then transitions into a carousel of thumbnail images that when clicked launch a new video player in a modal window to begin content playback with an accompanying pre-roll ad.
The list of config settings that are recognized vary depending on what type of product is being embedded. For this product, the following config settings are available:
- type — specifies this product is a Slider by providing the value "VideoLauncher/Slider"
- configId — specifies an ID pertaining to a set of default config settings generated within DME
- trackingGroup — specifies the distribution partner's tracking group used for reporting; this config setting is critical in associating distribution partners with their revenue
- siteSection — specifies the section this product is being placed within a distribution partner's website, this is used for analytics purposes
- playlistId — specifies a playlist ID (of a playlist created within DME) of videos to play
Videos Specified by Playlist ID
Using videos from a playlist specified by the "playlistId" config setting, this product provides a carousel of rotating images that when clicked on, launch a new video player within a modal window.
This product sits comfortably in a website's right rail and automatically adjusts to fill the horizontal space (from 300 to 350 pixels) that it is given.
For example, if this product is embedded within a container element with a width of only 300 pixels or less, the product fills its minimum width of 300 pixels. If the product is placed within a container that is a width between 300 and 350 pixels (say 330 pixels for example), then the product only fills said space. If the product is placed within a container that is a width of 350 pixels or greater, then the product fills its maximum width of 350 pixels.